Abstract Submission 2017
The BSPD encourages delegates at the annual BSPD scientific meeting to submit an abstract for presentation. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Abstract and Prize Committee (CAPC) to ensure they fulfill the entry requirements. Selected abstracts will be published in a supplement of the International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry and will be available on-line through the Journal’s website.
Please note that you are limited to one abstract per presenting author (this rule covers both prize and non prize submissions).
Preparation of abstracts
Abstracts should be prepared according to the protocol given below. There are three main formats for abstracts depending on whether the content relates to:
- a research study
- a clinical case
- or an audit project
In the case of the Max Hornell travel award or the National Student Elective Prize, applicants should select the most appropriate abstract format for their work. Failure to adhere to the detailed format for abstract preparation will result in the rejection of the abstract.
General instructions for all abstracts
- Use 12 point Times New Roman font
- Title should be no more than 12 words
- Give up to two initials followed by surname of each author. Presenting author name should be underlined
- Give affiliations for each author on line below names
- The main body of the abstract text should not be more than 250 words
- Provide the name of any funding body, if applicable, at the bottom of the abstract
To download a copy of the template please CLICK HERE.
To submit an abstract for presentation at the annual conference please click here.
To submit an abstract for the DCP Poster Prize please click here.
To submit an abstract for the Undergraduate Poster Prize please click here.